The organising committee for the Veterinary Association of Malaysia Congress 2018 (VAM Congress 2018) invites prospective authors to submit abstracts for oral and e-poster presentations at the Congress. The Abstract Submission will be closed on 28th September 2018 at 17:00 hrs / 5:00pm (Malaysian Time).
Congress Theme: Healthy Animals, Healthy Society
|Animal Biotechnology||Livestock Breeding|
|Animal Diseases||Livestock Extension Services|
|Animal Ethology||One Health|
|Animal Health and Veterinary Science||Veterinary Jurisprudence|
|Animal Husbandry and Livestock||Veterinary Medicine and Surgery|
|Antimicrobial Resistance(AMR)||Veterinary Public Health|
|Animal Welfare||Wildlife and Exotic Animal Medicine|
|Entrepreneurs Investment Meet|
All abstracts will be reviewed and assigned to appropriate session. Authors of the accepted abstracts will be notified of the methods of presentations as below:
|E-Poster Presentations||Recommendations and requirements to optimise your poster display on screen –
Hint: To test your PDF before you upload it, print it for proofreading on paper (A4 size) and if it reads clearly from one meter then your electronic version will look fine on our screens for your presentation.
Sample Template Available HERE.
|Rapid Oral (NEW)||Authors shall present their abstracts within 3 minutes on their key results of their research with a maximum 1 slide with no multiple builds/animation.|
Abstract submitters may choose their preferred method of presentation upon abstract submission BUT subject to the final decision of the Scientific Committee.
|Abstract Submission Deadline :||1st October 2018, 11:59pm|
|Abstract Acceptance Results :||No Later Than 7th October 2018|
|Registration of Abstract Presenter(s) :||Latest by 10th October 2018|
|Submission of Oral Presentation Slides :||Latest by 14th October 2018|
|Submission of ePoster :||Latest by 14th October 2018|
|Submission of Rapid Oral Slide :||Latest by 14th October 2018|
|GUIDELINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION|
Abstracts must be submitted online via the Conference Website (vam2018.com). Please read the instructions carefully, as abstracts submitted not according to these instructions will not be accepted.
- Abstracts sent by post, fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted through online system not later than 1st October 2018, 11:59pm.
- Organisers reserve the right to change preference of presentation.
- Presenting Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation MUST be registered delegates and be responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the Conference.
- Abstracts will be rejected if they do not comply with the guidelines.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Author’s email address immediately upon submission. An email to notify the acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent latest by 7th October 2018. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically through the Congress website.
- The abstract must not exceed 250 words, must be written in English.
- Do not include figures, graphs or citations with the abstract. Any figures or graphs format will not be published.
- Kindly highlight the results in the abstract.
- Each presenter may submit a maximum of TWO (2) abstracts.
- Submissions should be checked thoroughly for spelling and grammar before submission as they will be reproduced as submitted by the author.
- Submitters are advised to seek assistance to proof read the abstract if English is not their first language.
- Changes WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED once the abstract has been submitted through the online submission system.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure accuracy of the scientific content and language.
|CONSENT, PERMISSION & COPYRIGHT|
By submitting the abstract through the online abstract system, all Submitters must conform to the following:
- To accept the responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract and understand that amendment is not allowed once it is submitted through the Congress online abstract submission system and information provided will be published exactly as submitted.
- All co-authors are aware of and given consent to the content of the abstract and data presented before it is submitted. The submitter accepts responsibility as the contact person for all correspondence about the abstract and to share information with all authors about its status.
- Submission of abstract(s) implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract in all Congress publications including the website i.e. submitters are responsible to secure any copyright/permissions clearance required relating to any previous presentations, equipment or other material for inclusion in the VAM Congress 2018 scientific publications (both online and offline).
- Submitters are responsible to obtain permission from any relevant regulatory authority and obtain consent where appropriate.
- Submitters are responsible to ensure the work is original and it does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary or personal right of party.
- Submitters are responsible to identify and solve any potential conflicts of interest e.g. financial interest in products or processes described in the presentation materials, stock ownership, and membership on an advisory board or board of directors or other substantive relationships.
- Upon completing the online abstract submission, the submitter will be asked to confirm that the presenting author has read and understood the general information and the requirements he/she is expected to fulfil.
|CONDITION OF ACCEPTANCE|
- It is a pre-requisite of the acceptance of the abstract that the submitter must register to attend the VAM Congress 2018 and present the work orally or as an e-poster or rapid oral. Abstracts submitted before payment of registration are eligible for an offer of acceptance. However, final acceptance requires registration of the submitter / presenter latest by 10th October 2018.
- Presenters must attend the VAM Congress 2018 at least on the day of their presentation. Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment by the Congress Committee. Presenters must arrange and pay for their own accommodation, travel and other logistics that may incur to attend the Congress.
By clicking Submit Abstract below, author(s) has/have agreed to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein.